So I’ve was tagged (By Kristi at http://fireworksandfireflies.blogspot.com/) and then I was tagged again… I have already forgotten by who… so better late than never???
Here are a few of my favorite things about Christmas.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate… I am not a huge fan of egg nog
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
He wraps it all! The fun is in tearing the paper off!
3. Lights on tree/house ~ colored or white?
The tree is white…. none on the house in Albania. But if the rain settles down when Robert gets back from Turkey, maybe we can get some on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up?
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sonja’s 7 layer salad
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Christmas in the camper- one year we moved at Christmas time and we were between houses. Our tree was a little ceramic tree with lights and yes Santa did find us in the campground because he knows where ALL little boys and girls are (I was about 7 or 8)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Um, Santa still leaves me gifts at my parent’s house, what do you mean the truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With ornaments from childhood, ones the kids have made and others we have collected over the years. My mom has a tradition of buying each of us a Christmas ornament each year. Now that has passed on to the grandkids.
11. Snow, love it or dread it?
Love it, miss it, long for it.
12. Can you ice skate?
Barely… hurts the ankles
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
A rocking chair
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Watching the kids act out the Christmas story and being with family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Susanna’s pumpkin pie cake… this year she was in the States for Thanksgiving so I made it. So glad to have the recipe!!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Treasure hunts for gifts
17. What tops your tree?
A plastic red glitter star
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night
20. Candy canes, yum or yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
For my friend Linda to see the miracle of Jesus
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes, with other Americans in Tirana
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve, or wear pj’s?
Dress up for church, comfy when we get home
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?