Well, we have arrived. After 27 hours including a 3 hour delay and 1 mom breakdown, our sweet family arrived in Denver. I will confess that I sort of fell into my dad’s arms and cried (more on that “mom breakdown” later).
So now we have all had a little time to refresh and are enjoying our time with family. As we have been doing some catching up on what has been happening while we have been away, I have been compiling a list of things I forgot while we have been living in Albania.
1. How CLEAN everything is ( and I am talking PRISTINE) !
2. How rude people can be. I know this is true everywhere but I must not notice it as much in Albania since I don’t understand the language well.
3. How many different types of people there are. It was a relief to not be an odd ball.
4. That you do not have to honk your horn to say “Stay out of my way!” as a car approaches on the side street. They ARE going to obey the street signs.
5. You can put your toilet paper in the toilet. Ahhh….
6. Everyone speaks English and I can understand all the side conversations going on around me. This can be good and bad.
7. There are lots of RESTAURANT and FOOD choices. Yum!
8. You have to drive practically everywhere. Always being in a car seat or booster seat is an adjustment for the kids.
9. The trip to the store for milk takes more than 2 minutes. I think I drove around for 10 just trying to remember where the closest grocery store was!
10. Adoption is a well known concept and if I say Jadyn is my daughter I won’t have to answer 10 questions about why and how she is my daughter.